September 21, 2012

Day 31: Being Liked



 

The first day I find myself participating in the class about 50% of the times the teacher asks a question. There is something going on about wanting that much attention and it is related to wanting to get better marks by being liked by the teacher that stems from fear of getting bad marks if I am disliked and from competition


I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want to be liked by the teacher.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want to obtain recognition from the teacher.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear being disliked by the teacher.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to within fearing failing – want the teacher to like me so that I can influence him/her to put a better score based on my manipulation.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear being disliked by the teacher and getting worse marks for this.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see that no matter how ‘nice’ or not I am towards the teacher what matters is how I perform in the class/practices/exams.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to blame the teacher not liking me as a reason for getting bad marks.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that if I manage to get the teacher to like me I will get better marks.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to put the reason why I get the marks I get within the teacher liking me or not instead of sticking to the rules of evaluation of every subject.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want to interact more with the teacher than the rest of the class so that he/she gets to know me in the hope that I will get special treatment if 

I succeed to make him/her like me.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want to get better/privileged treatment from the teacher than the rest of the class.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to participate in competition within getting attention from the teacher.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want the teacher to make things easier for me.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want the subjects to be easier for me than for the rest of the class.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to separate myself from the class and from the teacher by competing to get attention to be liked and to get better grades and better opportunities than the rest of the class.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want to be better than the rest of the class/than the majority of the class in the eyes of the teacher by ‘showing off’ in front of them in speaking knowledge and information in the hope that I will get special treatment for that and that it will reflect in my grades.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to interact with the teacher/class in fear of not being liked.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to get anxious when the teacher asks a question and nobody replies in the classroom.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to immediately answer a question that the teacher asks if I know the answer without considering everyone else in the class.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that I ‘earn’ points in the eyes of the theacher whenever I reply a question when nobody does.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to consider that maybe I am not the only one that know the answer but the others are holding back because I am immediately showing signs that I want to reply to the question/reply to the question - and so I finally participate without giving the opportunity for others to participate  - within this I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to abuse the opportunity to reply to teacher’s questions to ‘show off’ in order to be liked/in the hopes of being liked and getting more ‘points’/better grades – in competition with all others.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to participate within the class from the starting point of energy and desire to show off.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to participate within the class in fear of not being liked if I don’t and thus getting –apparently- worse marks.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe from the starting point of Ego that if I don’t reply a question no one will.

Whenever I see I am about to talk with the class within the starting point of ‘showing off’ or wanting to be liked by the teacher I stop, breathe and reconsider the point to see how I can support myself within it in fact – not talking to be liked.

Whenever I see I am about to spend more time talking with the teacher I stop and consider if I in fact require to talk with the teacher or if I am wanting to be liked/noticed and accordingly act.

Whenever I see I am wanting to participate in the classroom within the starting point of competition and getting attention I stop, breathe and allow others to share themselves/participate in the class equally.

Whenever I get anxious to participate within a question being asked by the teacher I stop, breathe and consider if I require support or further insight with the point I am going to participate with and act accordingly.

Whenever I see that nobody replies a question the teacher has asked and I go into anxiety and desire 
to reply I stop within myself and breathe or say ‘stop’ and breathe and allow time to pass so someone else can have the opportunity to participate.

Whenever I see that I go into fear of letting pass an opportunity to show off within the class I stop, breathe and and leave the opportunity open for others to participate in the class.

I commit myself to check within myself the starting point of my participation in the class BEFORE I speak so that I don’t talk from the starting point of energy or fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis Goes